Pork Tenderloin with Caramelized Pears
- cal. (kcal) 286
- Makes: 4 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 18
freshly ground black pepper
Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
red Bartlett pears, cored and cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season pork with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork on all sides in 2 teaspoons hot oil.
- Transfer pan to oven and roast 6 to 7 minutes. Remove pan from oven; add pear wedges and cook over medium-low heat 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden.
- Add water and vinegar and cook, stirring frequently and turning pork halfway through cooking time, 5 minutes, or until liquid is reduced. Remove pork from skillet; cover loosely with foil and let rest.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepot filled with salted water to a boil; add Brussels sprouts and cook 2 minutes, or until just tender and still bright green.
- Drain and toss gently with remaining oil, salt and pepper. Slice pork and serve with pears and Brussels sprouts; drizzle with pan juices.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 286 cal., 10 g total fat 18 g carb. (3 g fiber), 31 g pro.