- 8 ounces medium egg noodles
- 1 lemon
- 1 pound lean pork shoulder, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, zest lemon, then juice it to make 3 tablespoons juice.
3. In a medium bowl, combine pork, 1 tablespoon wine, cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Stir in 1 teaspoon oil. In a small bowl, combine broth with lemon juice and remaining wine.
4. Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add remaining oil and garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds or until fragrant. Push garlic to sides of wok. Add pork in a single layer. Cook undisturbed 1 minute, then stir-fry 1 minute or until pork is no longer pink but not yet cooked through.
5. Add carrots, capers, broth mixture, lemon zest and remaining salt; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until pork is just cooked through and sauce is lightly thickened. Stir in parsley. Serve over noodles.