- cal. (kcal) 157
- Makes: 88 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Start to Finish: 2 hrs
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 38
lite coconut milk
peeled fresh ginger, crushed
pineapple, (about 3 1/2 pounds), peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- Combine coconut milk, sugar and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes. Strain into a large bowl.
- Place pineapple in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the pineapple puree to the coconut milk mixture and whisk until blended. Whisk in lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Pour the pineapple mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. (Alternatively, freeze mixture in a shallow metal pan until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth.)
- Serve immediately or transfer to a storage container and let harden in the freezer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve in chilled dishes.
- Tip: MAKE AHEAD TIP: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week. | Equipment: Ice cream maker or food processor
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 88
PER SERVING: 157 cal., 1 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 6 mg sodium, 38 g carb. (3 g fiber), 1 g pro.