Linguine With Walnut-Sage Pesto
- cal. (kcal) 464
- Makes: 5 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 11 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 67
fresh linguine (6 ounces dried)
chopped fresh parsley
packed fresh whole sage leaves
large clove garlic
freshly ground black pepper plus additional to taste
extra-virgin olive oil
freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until lightly golden and fragrant, about 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the linguine according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Combine the parsley, sage, garlic, salt, black pepper and walnuts in a blender; pulse until finely chopped. Drizzle in the olive oil and blend well. Add 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan; pulse quickly to combine.
- Transfer the pesto to a serving bowl and add 1/3 cup cooking water. Add linguine and toss to combine, adding remaining pasta water as necessary. Top with remaining cheese and additional black pepper to taste.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 5
PER SERVING: 464 cal., 15 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 67 g carb. (4 g fiber), 17 g pro.