Garlic Asparagus & Pasta with Lemon Cream
- 8 ounces dried mafalda or rotini pasta
- 2 cups asparagus spears cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 baby sunburst squash and/or pattypan squash, halved (4 ounces)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to saucepan.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook asparagus, squash, and garlic in hot margarine for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to pasta.
3. Combine whipping cream and lemon peel in skillet. Bring to boiling. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/3 cup. To serve, pour cream mixture over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat.
- If you cant find baby sunburst squash or pattypan squash, substitute 1 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, cut into 8 pieces.