Garlic Asparagus & Pasta with Lemon Cream
- cal. (kcal) 370
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 49
dried mafalda or rotini pasta
asparagus spears cut into 2-inch pieces
baby sunburst squash and/or pattypan squash, halved (4 ounces)
cloves garlic, minced
margarine or butter
finely shredded lemon peel
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook asparagus, squash, and garlic in hot margarine for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to pasta.
- Combine whipping cream and lemon peel in skillet. Bring to boiling. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/3 cup. To serve, pour cream mixture over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat.
- If you cant find baby sunburst squash or pattypan squash, substitute 1 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, cut into 8 pieces.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 370 cal., 15 g total fat (8 g sat. fat), 41 mg chol., 49 mg sodium, 49 g carb. (4 g fiber), 10 g pro.