- 2 small eggplants, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pound tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup nonfat ricotta cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- salt and cracked black pepper
- cooking oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Season the eggplant slices with salt and pepper. Place them in a nonstick baking pan and roast for 15 minutes.
2. Coat a glass baking dish with cooking spray and cover the bottom with eggplant slices. Ladle some of the tomato sauce over the eggplant and top with some of the tomato slices. Sprinkle the tomato with basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Spread ricotta over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. Repeat the layers, ending with mozzarella.
3. Bake for 20 minutes. Then place under the broiler until the cheese turns golden.
4. To serve, cut the lasagna into slices and garnish with additional Italian seasoning.