Parmesan Orzo With Smoked Salmon
- 2 14 ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat orzo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks (white part only)
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil over high heat. Add orzo and return to a boil, stirring once. Reduce heat to low and simmer until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain orzo over a bowl, reserving 1 cup broth. Return orzo to saucepan and stir in 1 tablespoon oil.
2. In a large skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and saute until softened, about 1 minute. Add reserved broth and asparagus and cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in cooked orzo, 1/4 cup Parmesan, sour cream, salmon, parsley and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.