Harvest Bran Muffins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 14 ounces oat-bran muffin mix, like Krusteaz*
- 1/3 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apple
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or coarsely chopped dried tart cherries
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Prepare muffin mix according to package directions; fold in carrot, dried apple, and cranberries. Divide evenly among the prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden. Let muffins cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes; loosen edges and gently remove from muffin cups. Best served slightly warm or at room temperature.
- We loved the way these muffins tasted when we made them with Krusteaz oat-bran muffin mix. Other oat-bran muffin mixes may also call for an egg so be sure to have one on hand.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)