Miso Steak with Green Beans and Baby Potatoes
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 12 ounces steam-in-the-bag green beans
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound skirt steak, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
1. Pierce each potato a few times with a knife, place in a microwave-safe dish and loosely cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high 5 to 6 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Microwave green beans according to package directions.
2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray; season steak with salt and pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes a side or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a cutting board to rest.
3. While steak is cooking, combine miso, vinegar, ginger, sugar and sesame oil in a small bowl. Whisk in vegetable oil.
4. Cut potatoes in half, then cut steak into 1/4-inch slices. Divide potatoes, steak and beans among four plates; drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle scallions over steak and sesame seeds over potatoes, if desired.