Grilled Chicken Tenders with Cilantro Pesto
- cal. (kcal) 152
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Start to Finish: 35 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 3
reduced-sodium soy sauce
loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, (1-2 bunches)
toasted sesame seeds, (see Ingredient Note)
- Whisk lime juice, soy sauce, oil and chili powder in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade in a small bowl. Add chicken to the remaining marinade; toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, place cilantro, scallions, sesame seeds and the reserved marinade in a food processor and process until fairly smooth.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard marinade) and grill until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 2 minutes per side. Serve the chicken with the cilantro-sesame pesto.
- Tips: Ingredient Note: Sesame seeds can be purchased already toasted. Look for them near other Asian ingredients. Or toast your own in a small dry skillet over low heat, stirring constantly, until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Tip: To oil the grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 152 cal., 4 g total fat 67 mg chol., 290 mg sodium, 3 g carb. (1 g fiber), 27 g pro.