Egg & Apple Bruschetta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 1-inch-thick slices crusty white bread or twelve 1/2-inch-thick slices baguette-style French bread
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded tart apple
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons bottled blue cheese salad dressing
1. Stir together oil and garlic. Using a pastry brush, brush some of the oil mixture over one side of each bread slice. Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Bake in a 450 degrees oven about 10 minutes or until tops of bread slices are golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl toss together the eggs, apple, walnuts, and salad dressing. Top each toasted bread slice with some of the egg mixture. Serve immediately.