Fresh Herb and Cheese Frittata
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chives, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Manchego
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the broiler and position an oven rack 4 inches from the heat.
2. In a food processor, combine the spinach, herbs, garlic and salt. Add the milk and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Pulse until the mixture forms a pesto like paste.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs. Whisk in spinach mixture, 1/4 cup of the Manchego and the black pepper.
4. Heat remaining oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-low heat. Pour in egg mixture and cook, without stirring, until the frittata sets around the edges, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Manchego.
5. Transfer the pan to the oven and broil 1 to 2 minutes until golden and firm to the touch. Slice and serve.