- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 5 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 3/4 cups light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. In a stockpot or an extra-large saucepan, heat popcorn kernels in 3 tablespoons of oil. Stir to coat all kernels. Cover and cook over medium heat, 5 to 7 minutes, or until kernels are fully popped (shaking pot after 3 minutes).
2. Lightly coat 2 large baking pans with cooking spray. Pour popcorn into pans and preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, honey, remaining oil, and salt. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly with a wooden or silicone spoon, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in baking soda until smooth.
4. Evenly drizzle over popcorn; stir to coat. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.