Amaretto Peaches with Vanilla Yogurt
- 3 peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste or vanilla
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 2 8 ounce carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped, whole almonds, OR slivered almonds, toasted
1. Toss the peach slices in a medium bowl with amaretto and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla paste or vanilla. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. In another bowl stir together the yogurt, sugar, and remaining vanilla paste. Spoon about half of the yogurt mixture into four dessert dishes or stemmed glasses; top with the flavored peaches and the remaining yogurt. Spoon any remaining liquid from peaches over the tops.
3. Sprinkle with the chopped almonds and serve.
- *Could use 2 cups frozen sliced peaches, thawed and drained.