Almond Cookie Cups with Sorbet
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups raspberry and/or lemon sorbet
- Fresh raspberries
1. In a small bowl combine the flour and almonds; set aside. In a medium saucepan bring the brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter to a full boil over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir in the flour mixture and vanilla.
2. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. For each cookie cup, drop about 3 tablespoonfuls of batter about 5 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet (bake 3 or 4 at a time). Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until bubbly and deep golden brown (cookies will form irregular shapes). Let stand on cookie sheet about 2 minutes. When firm but still pliable, place on top of inverted custard cups to form small bowls. Cool to room temperature.
3. To serve, fill 6 of the cups with scoops of sorbet. Garnish with raspberries. Serve immediately. Store the remaining cups in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)