Curry-Roasted Shrimp with Oranges
- cal. (kcal) 253
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 13
large seedless oranges
kosher salt, divided
shrimp, (30-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
extra-virgin olive oil
curry powder, preferably Madras (see Note)
freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F . Line a baking sheet (with sides) with parchment paper. Finely grate the zest of 1 orange; set aside. Using a sharp knife, peel both oranges, removing all the bitter white pith. Thinly slice the oranges crosswise, then cut the slices into quarters. Spread the orange slices on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Roast until the oranges are slightly dry, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss shrimp with oil, curry powder, pepper, the orange zest and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Transfer the shrimp to the baking sheet with the oranges and roast until pink and curled, about 6 minutes. Divide the oranges and the shrimp among 4 plates and serve.
- Tips: Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Note: Madras curry powder is made with a hotter blend of spices than standard curry powder.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 253 cal., 7 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 259 mg chol., 548 mg sodium, 13 g carb. (4 g fiber), 35 g pro.