Curried Cauliflower and Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Thai chile or 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets (about 2 1/2 cups)
- Cilantro leaves (optional)
- 2 pieces whole-wheat flatbread
1. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, scallions and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Form chicken into 12 meatballs.
2. In a large wok or straight-sided skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ginger, coriander and turmeric and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broth, chile, bay leaves and remaining salt; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Add cauliflower and meatballs and simmer until cauliflower is crisp- tender and meatballs are cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Divide among four bowls and top with cilantro leaves if desired. Serve with flatbread torn into wedges.