Coq Au Vin
- 1 pound new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced button or cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Place potatoes in a saucepan and add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced. Drain, slice and toss with 1 tablespoon parsley, olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine chicken, garlic, 2 tablespoons wine, cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining pepper. Stir in 1 teaspoon oil. In a small bowl, combine broth and remaining wine.
3. Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil, then chicken in a single layer. Cook undisturbed 1 minute, then stir-fry 1 minute or until chicken is no longer pink but not yet cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
4. Add remaining oil, onion, mushrooms, oregano and remaining salt; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add wine mixture; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add chicken; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through and sauce is thickened. Stir in remaining parsley; serve with potatoes.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)