- cal. (kcal) 120
- Makes: 90 servings
- Prep: 1 hr
- Chill: 3 hrs 30 mins or overnight
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 21
low-fat, low sodium smooth peanut butter (about 1-3/4 cups)
unsalted butter, softened
semisweet chocolate chips
Toothpicks and waxed paper
- Place peanut butter and butter in the large bowl of a sturdy stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until very smooth, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls. Arrange balls on waxed paper-lined trays or baking sheets. Cover and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- In a small, heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Keep warm over very low heat. Remove about one-fourth of the peanut butter balls from the refrigerator. Use a toothpick to hold a peanut butter ball and lower it into the chocolate, leaving the top exposed so that it looks like a buckeye. Allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place ball, undipped portion up, on waxed paper-lined tray or baking sheet. Repeat with remaining peanut butter balls until all are dipped. Chill for 30 minutes, or until firm. Store in the refrigerator. Makes 90 cookies.
- Makes 90 cookies.
- Healthy Savings: We cut 46 calories and 6 g fat (2 g saturated).
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 90
PER SERVING: 120 cal., 3 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 21 g carb. 1 g pro.