Chickpea and Asparagus Salad
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
1. Place eggs in a medium saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Uncover, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, place eggs in a large bowl of cold water. Gently crack eggs and leave in cold water 1 minute, then peel.
2. Return water to a boil over high heat. Add asparagus and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, Parmesan, parsley, lemon zest, pepper and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt. Chop eggs and add to dressing. Stir in chickpeas, radishes, onion and asparagus. Divide salad among four plates lined with Bibb lettuce.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)