Wide Noodles with Chicken & Lima Beans
- cal. (kcal) 503
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 75
dried pappardelle or mafalda pasta, fettuccine, or wide egg noodles
frozen baby lima beans
14 1/2 -
Italian-style stewed tomatoes
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
small onion, cut into wedges
coarsely ground pepper
Finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
Snipped fresh chives (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding lima beans to the water with pasta. Drain pasta and beans; return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, place undrained tomatoes in a food processor bowl or blender container. Cover and process or blend until pureed; set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. For sauce, in a large skillet cook chicken, onion, and pepper in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Reduce heat; stir in tomatoes and chicken broth. Simmer about 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in cream; simmer for 2 to 3 minutes more or until sauce is desired consistency.
- Pour sauce over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat. Transfer pasta mixture to a warm serving dish. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chives.
- Substitute lasagna noodles for the suggested pasta, if you like. Cook them according to package directions. Drain and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces. (If you use frozen lasagna noodles, cook the beans separately because they will cook longer than the noodles.)
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 503 cal., 12 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 43 mg chol., 438 mg sodium, 75 g carb. (7 g fiber), 25 g pro.