Savoy Cabbage Salad with Salt-and-Pepper Chicken
- 4 cups thinly sliced savoy cabbage
- 4 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup rice-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
1. In a large bowl, toss together first five ingredients.
2. In a blender, combine next seven ingredients until smooth; season with half of the salt and pepper. Season chicken with remaining salt and pepper.
3. In a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat, cook chicken, turning once, 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove and let cool slightly.
4. Shred chicken into a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons dressing and toss well to coat.
5. Toss remaining dressing with salad; evenly divide among four plates, top with chicken, and sprinkle with peanuts.