Chipotle-Glazed Roast Chicken With Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes (10 ounces each), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, plus additional to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 pounds), rinsed and patted dry
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potatoes in the olive oil and scatter on the bottom of a roasting pan. Roast for 15 minutes.Rub
2. In a small bowl, mix together the chiles, garlic, honey, vinegar, salt, cumin and cinnamon to make a paste. Rub the paste evenly over each breast.
3. Place the chicken breasts on top of the sweet potatoes and roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve garnished with cilantro if desired.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)