Cheesy Italian-Style Stuffed Peppers
- 1/4 cup instant brown rice
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups reduced-sodium shredded mozzarella
- 4 red bell peppers, tops removed, cored and seeded
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting fat and salt.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked rice, turkey, Italian seasoning, onion, Parmesan, 1/4 cup tomatoes and 1 cup mozzarella. Fill peppers with rice mixture.
3. Coat the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray and placed filled peppers upright in cooker. Spoon remaining tomatoes over and between peppers; top each pepper with 1/4 cup mozzarella. Cook on low 8 hours.