Cheesy Chicken Meatball-and-Tortellini Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 32 ounce carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 9 ounce package fresh cheese tortellini
- 12 prepared chicken meatballs (such as Al Fresco or Aidells)
- 1 6 ounce package fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tsp grated Parmesan
1. Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until just golden, about 2 minutes. Add broth and water, raise heat to high, cover and bring to a boil.
2. Add tortellini and cook according to package directions. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, add meatballs. In the final minute, add spinach and stir until just wilted. Stir in pepper and divide among four bowls. Sprinkle with cheese and season with additional pepper.