Buckwheat Noodle Soup With Shrimp and Scallions
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodiumm soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 8 ounces soba
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cups no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, tahini and chili-garlic sauce in a small bowl.
2. Cook soba according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water.
3. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add cabbage, garlic and ginger; saute 5 minutes. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add shrimp, soba and soy sauce mixture and simmer over medium heat until shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Garnish with scallions.