- cal. (kcal) 120
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Start to Finish: 1 hr 45 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 12
beets, (5-6 medium)
extra-virgin olive oil
sherry vinegar, or white-wine vinegar
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
celery, finely chopped
large shallot, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Divide beets between 2 pieces of foil; bring edges together and crimp to make packets. Roast until the beets are just tender when pierced with the point of a knife, about 1 1/4 hours. Unwrap the beets and let cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl to make dressing.
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, slip off the skins. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Add celery, shallot and the dressing; toss to coat well. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Tip: MAKE AHEAD TIP: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 120 cal., 7 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 243 mg sodium, 12 g carb. (3 g fiber), 2 g pro.