Portobello-Smothered Beef Medallions
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 4 ounces beef tenderloin medallions
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 3/4 cup sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
1. Rub oil in a heavy skillet.
2. Heat to high heat; saute tenderloins, turning once, with onions and mushrooms for 7 minutes, stirring vegetables occasionally.
3. Add broth and thyme; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, or until liquid is reduced.
4. Season with salt and pepper.