Perfect Summer Burgers
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 6 whole-grain buns
- Shredded carrot, sprouts, mixed greens, tomato slices, and/or red onion slices (optional)
1. Combine egg white, water, bread crumbs, carrot, onion, sweet pepper, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add Parmesan cheese and ground beef; mix well. Shape mixture into six 1/2-inch-thick patties.
2. Grill burgers on an oiled grill rack for 7 minutes. Turn and grill 8 to 11 minutes more or till no pink remains.
3. Serve burgers on buns with vegetables, as desired.