Beef & Curry Pinwheels on Spinach
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- 1/3 8 ounce tub (about 1/3 cup) cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons peach or mango chutney, snipped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 pound lean cooked beef, thinly sliced (about 8 slices)
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach or torn mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
1. Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. Cook asparagus spears, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together cream cheese, chutney, green onion, and curry powder. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture over each beef slice. Roll up each beef slice, starting from the short side; cut each beef pinwheel in half.
3. Divide spinach among 4 plates. Arrange asparagus spears atop spinach. Stir together the lemon juice and olive oil; drizzle over spinach and asparagus. Arrange 4 of the beef pinwheels on each plate; sprinkle with the peanuts.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)