Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon peeled, grated ginger
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced snow peas
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons basil and/or cilantro leaves
- 16 Boston lettuce leaves
1. Place chicken in a medium sauce-pan and cover completely with cold water. Bring to a simmer over high heat; reduce heat to medium low and cook, turning occasionally, until no longer pink in the center, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove chicken from poaching liquid, let cool and shred.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together canola oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, sesame oil and ginger. Stir in chicken and refrigerate, covered, until cold, 40 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Stir snow peas, carrots, scallions, radishes, cashews and herbs into chicken mixture. Divide chicken salad among lettuce leaves.