Toasted Pita Chips with Yogurt-Mint Sauce
- 1 8 ounce carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large pita bread rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. For dipping sauce, in a small bowl stir together the yogurt, mint, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and half of the garlic. Cover and chill until needed or for up to 8 hours.
2. Split the pita bread rounds in half horizontally; cut each circle into 6 wedges. Place the wedges in a single layer on large baking sheets. Combine olive oil and remaining garlic; brush pita wedges with oil mixture. Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Serve toasted pita chips with dipping sauce.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)