9 Surprising Diabetes Risks
Pages in this Story:
- 1. Watching two hours or more of TV daily
- 2. Drinking one soda a day
- 3. Skipping breakfast
- 4. A bout of major depression
- 5. A large waist -- even if you're at a normal weight
- 6. Waking up in the middle of the night
- 7. Eating fast food more than twice a week
- 8. High stress
- 9. Consuming lots of processed meat (like hot dogs and bacon)
4. A bout of major depression
Raises your risk: 23 percent
How: Depression may alter your body chemistry in a way that makes you more prone to developing diabetes.
The fix: Take a walk: Just 30 minutes of moderate exercise three times a week improved symptoms of depression and increased the percentage of those who fully recovered, according to research from Duke University.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.