- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Alison Sweeney's Flat-Abs Workout
The key to Alison Sweeney's crazy-toned midsection? This sneaky crunch-free circuit. "In each workout, we string together movements -- push and pull, up and down, left and right -- that always work her center," says Sweeney's trainer, Steve Lee. Try a couple of rounds of his five-pack below to help carve your six-pack as you sculpt all over. Alison uses 12-pound dumbbells, but newbies can start with five-pounders.
Sprawl to Overhead Lock
Targets back, shoulders, arms, abs, butt, and legs
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand, arms by sides.
- Crouch down and, holding onto dumbbells, place them on floor shoulder-width apart with palms facing each other. Jump feet back to get in full plank position as you drive your core close to floor (without touching thighs to floor).
- Jump feet forward to outside of dumbbells.
- Stand up quickly and press dumbbells overhead.
- Lower arms and return to start position. Do as many reps as you can for 1 minute.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.