- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Incredible Arms, Shoulders & Back: Workouts for Buff Brides
Going to the chapel? Here are the simplest, most fun ways to tone your biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders, and upper back in time for your wedding.
360 Shaper: The Push-Up Progression
Start with this all-in-one move that'll lead you down the aisle toward a stellar upper body, no matter what your dress style.
- Place your hands on a windowsill, table, or bench with your toes on the floor. Keep your body in a straight line, with your arms fully extended.
- Bend your elbows 90 degrees; then push back up. Be sure to keep your abs engaged and your head in line with your spine. Continue doing push-ups for about 30 seconds.
- Next, hold yourself in the start position for another 30 seconds.
- Assume a regular push-up position with your hands on the floor, palms below your shoulders and your abs contracted.
- Do 30 seconds of push-ups.
- Hold the push-up plank position for 30 seconds. Contract your abs and squeeze your inner thighs together.
To Make It Even Harder... Add an alternating leg plank: Do 30 seconds of floor push-ups, then hold one leg out behind you in plank position for 30 seconds. After 15 seconds, switch legs.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.