- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Ab Workouts: Our Top 10 Abs Exercises
We squatted, thrusted, and crunched, crunched, crunched to bring you the best abdominal-toning exercises on FitnessMagazine.com. Here are the ones we shook our fists at (but were secretly thankful for) the most.
The Climb Up
Crunchier than most of the lying-down crunches I've tried, this move also makes the cut simply because it's novel.
- Start by lying on the floor with a 3-foot-long scarf or towel wrapped around the ball of your right foot, knees bent, left foot on the floor.
- Hold the scarf in both hands, and extend your right leg, keeping your foot flexed.
- Slowly walk your hands up the scarf as you lift your head and shoulders off the floor. Hold for a count of 2.
- Now lower yourself back to the starting position, walking your hands back down the scarf.
- Do two sets of 8 to 10 reps on each sides Be sure to keep your head neutral -- don't tuck your chin or tilt back.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.