- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Our Top 10 Abs Exercises
We squatted, thrusted, and crunched, crunched, crunched to bring you the best abdominal-toning exercises on FitnessMagazine.com. Here are the ones we shook our fists at (but were secretly thankful for) the most.
The Climb Up
Crunchier than most of the lying-down crunches I've tried, this move also makes the cut simply because it's novel.
- Start by lying on the floor with a 3-foot-long scarf or towel wrapped around the ball of your right foot, knees bent, left foot on the floor.
- Hold the scarf in both hands, and extend your right leg, keeping your foot flexed.
- Slowly walk your hands up the scarf as you lift your head and shoulders off the floor. Hold for a count of 2.
- Now lower yourself back to the starting position, walking your hands back down the scarf.
- Do two sets of 8 to 10 reps on each sides Be sure to keep your head neutral -- don't tuck your chin or tilt back.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.