- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
How to Do a Breast Self-Exam
Every woman has a 1 in 8 chance of contracting breast cancer in her life. Performing regular breast self-exams and knowing risks can help prevent breast cancer. Here, step-by-step information on how to perform a breast self-exam and how to prevent breast cancer.
- Press using light, medium, and firm pressure in a circle without lifting your fingers off the skin.
- Follow an up-and-down pattern.
- Feel for changes in your breast, above and below your collarbone and in your armpit.
- Repeat on your left breast using your right hand.
- These steps may be repeated while bathing or showering, using soapy hands.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.