- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Our Top 8 Stability Ball Exercises
Klutziness and a frugal streak keep me from using much in the way of workout equipment, but a stability ball is my one exception. Once I (literally) stopped rolling off it at the start of each new move, I felt how awesome exercise balls are for developing balance and stability while making it easier to target specific trouble spots. Check out these top moves from the FITNESS video library.
A low-impact way to tone your arms, chest, and shoulders, the weight press is a totally fine exercise for after work, when you can barely keep your head up but don't want to skip your workout.
- Lie on your back with your heels on the exercise ball.
- Hold lightweight dumbbells just above your chest with your palms facing forward.
- Press the weights straight up over your shoulders as you exhale.
- Hold the position for three counts, then lower the weights.
- In the beginning, do this move three times, gradually working your way up to 12 reps. (Once you've mastered 12, hold this position for one minute, then repeat the set.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.