- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Our Top 10 Thigh Exercises
Stronger, longer, leaner thighs - yup, we can help you get those. Here, our best upper-leg-exercises.
The Single-Leg Circle
A masochistic Pilates instructor once told me that once the single-leg circle got too easy, I should try spelling out the alphabet with each leg. I've yet to get past LMNO.
- Lie back on the mat with your arms by your sides and your palms facing down.
- Begin by pointing with your left foot, as if reaching out with your toes toward the ceiling, and rotate your leg slightly outward.
- Inhale, and trace a circle on the ceiling with your left leg, moving your whole leg, but keeping your hips still. Don't lift your left hip off the floor.
- Trace the circle on the ceiling 5 times in a clockwise direction. Repeat in a counter-clockwise direction.
- Switch legs and repeat 5 times.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.