Here, instructions for all of the exercises in week 5 of the 6-Week Ultimate Ab Workout Plan. Print and go!
(You'll need a stability ball.)
- Take an exercise ball and lie on top of it with your shins on the ball and your palms on the floor under your shoulders.
- Now use your abs and legs to roll the ball to the middle, lifting your hips and keeping your head down between your arms. Your body should be in an inverted V-shape. Hold here for 1 count, then roll back to the start.
- You'll do 10 to 12 reps. Be sure to pull your abs in, and keep your head even with your spine as you move in and out of the "V". This move works your abs and your lower back.
- Lie down on your back. Place your hands behind your head, elbows wide.
- Pulling in your abs, lift your head, neck, and shoulders off the floor. Then lift your legs straight up. Now twist your right shoulder over to your left leg as you lower your right leg.
- Come back to the center, then twist your left shoulder to your right leg as you lower your left leg. Scissor back and forth for 20 counts, then lower back to start.
Originally published on FitnessMagazine.com, July 2009.
© Copyright Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.