Here, instructions for all of the exercises in week 1 of the 6-Week Ultimate Ab Workout Plan. Print and go!
(You'll need a 3-foot scarf or towel and a chair)
- Sit tall in a chair. Place your right arm straight down on the chair behind you and hold one end of the scarf with your left hand.
- Lean forward and with your left hand, make a figure 8 over your head and down your left side.
- Do 8 to 10 reps, then switch sides.
Opposite Arm and Leg Raise
- Get on all fours, aligning your knees under your hips and hands under your shoulders.
- Lift your right arm to shoulder height and your left leg to hip height, hold for two counts. Reach forward with your fingers and back with your heel.
- Repeat this exercise on the opposite side. Do 15 to 20 reps, alternating sides.
- For a bigger challenge, touch your opposite elbow to your knee as you pull your arm and leg in.
Originally published on FitnessMagazine.com, June 2008.
© Copyright Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.