Written on August 27, 2012 at 10:30 am , by Christie Griffin
What a few of our Fitteratis have been up to…
- Katie is involved in a cool project in which 12 formerly overweight strangers will attempt to run a 200 mile relay… — kickstarter.com
- Ali biked 100+ miles, aka a “Crohn’s disease miracle!” —Ali on the Run
- How to wear white after Labor Day? Courtney answers the question on many fashionistas’ minds —Sweet Tooth Sweet Life
- Jennifer figures out how to eat Chick-fil-A three time a day without going over her Weight Watchers points —It Sux to Be Fat
- Meanwhile, Callie asks a great question: If you’ve been pregnant more than once, how did your pregnancies differ? —The Wannabe Athlete
- Speaking of babies…Caitlin shared her insights and “review” of natural childbirth —Healthy Tipping Point
Written on June 25, 2012 at 11:42 am , by Christie Griffin
A few months ago, The 2012 Fitterati Blogger Awards asked our readers to nominate and vote for their favorite health and fitness bloggers. We received more than 400 nominations, approved just barely over 200 to be voted on, and received nearly 19,000 votes. (!!) Six Readers’ Choice Winners rose to the top, one from each category: Healthy Living, Healthy Eating, Running, Weight Loss, Personal Trainer, and Inspirational. FITNESS judges then selected another six Editor’s Choice Winners, for a total of 12 Fitteratis.
These bloggers aren’t just working it out on the web–they’re the ones making sincere connections with you, with their fellow bloggers, with top experts, and with their communities. They hail from all around the country, range from their 20′s to their 40′s, and each have a unique voice and style. Their commonality: They’re all passionate about their health — and FITNESS is thrilled to welcome them on board as our newest contributors.
Pick up the July/August issue to see The Fitterati’s faces in the magazine, visit fitnessmagazine.com/fitterati (all the time!), and make sure to follow their individual blogs as well.
P.S. – Want to be a future Fitterati? Hey, it can happen! Our advice is to keep blogging…we saw a ton of nominations come in for newbie bloggers who showed a lot of promise! The Fitteratis have all been blogging for awhile, so make sure to scope out their sites for ideas and inspiration.