If you’ve read the books, you know foraging for natural food is a big element to survival in The Hunger Games. Even though the Games don’t actually exist (phew!), eating food in their natural state can be delicious and satisfying. So when Daily Burn sent us some recipes from their meal plan inspired by the series, we couldn’t resist! See below for a few of our favorites, along with some tips for eating a more hunter-gatherer diet.
Hunger Games Porridge
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Optional: berries for topping
- In a small bowl, combine oats, coconut flakes, ground flaxseed and cinnamon.
- Add boiling water and stir. Add almond butter and stir once again.
- Top with berries if desired.
Tasty Tip: Get creative! Try new fruits and veggies, and don’t be afraid of different flavor combinations, like tossing strawberries on top of your usual grilled chicken salad. You’ll be surprised how delicious natural foods can be when mixed in multiple ways.
For two more all-natural recipes, click below.