Written on December 31, 2013 at 10:24 am , by Colleen Travers
Looking to kick off 2014 with a new smoothie recipe? We’ve got one right here for you, thanks to Lauren Slayton, MS, RD and author of The Little Book of Thin, out today. Slayton’s smoothie has a healthy dose of matcha in it – a powdered green tea that packs more antioxidants than brewing an actual cup of green tea. Print out the recipe and watch her make her Matcha Colada, below.
- 4 to 6 ounces coconut water (or plain water)
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder (Slayton likes the organic brand DoMatcha)
- 1 cup fresh of frozen pineapple or papaya
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 cup spinach or kale
- 1/3 of an avocado, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 slice peeled fresh ginger (about the size of a penny)
- handful of ice cubes
- 6 drops NuStevia
Place water in a high-powered blender followed by the other ingredients in the order given. Blend well and serve.
More from FITNESS: Healthy Recipes for Green Smoothies