This time of year, politicians are known for throwing verbal jabs during heated debates (like the second presidential one taking place tonight). But how do the candidates’ jab-cross kickboxing combos stack up?
Gold’s Gym recently surveyed 4,000 Americans to “exercise their right to vote” for the nation’s fittest president. Click here to learn more about the top 12 nominees, and keep reading to find which five were selected as fittest:
- Barack Obama: Our country’s current leader is an avid basketball player who frequently plays pick-up games on the White House tennis court, which he had converted into a half basketball court.
- George W. Bush: The second Bush in office is the first president who completed a marathon (he ran one in less than four hours!). He also enjoys cycling.
- George Washington: You might not guess that this strong military man was also a stellar dancer!
- Theodore Roosevelt: While on a 1,500-mile expedition to help map a South American river, this adventurer challenged his fitness and lost 57 pounds.
- Gerald Ford: He could have been a Green Bay Packer or Chicago Bear had politics not been in the picture—he was offered contracts to play with both after playing football on a scholarship at the University of Michigan.
Now tell us: Which commander in chief do you think is/was our country’s best fitness role model? And do you take a candidate’s health habits into account when heading to the voting booth?