“Like mother, like daughter” is a common refrain, and Kasey from Powercakes and her “mamacakes” are proof that can be true. With a personal trainer mom, Kasey learned the power of fitness and recently graduated with a degree in health and physical education!
We caught up with the clean eater and CrossFit newbie to discover her favorite fitness method and go-to splurge food.
My favorite way to work out: I love weight lifting. I used to be a cardio junkie but my mindset has completely changed, along with my body, once I introduced weights! I also love to superset my exercises to keep my heart rate up. When it comes to cardio, I absolutely love Tabata intervals (which consists of doing 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest for a set amount of rounds). I have a few of my favorites on my video page!
My biggest indulgence: Cheese. Give me some good feta and I can eat the whole block!
Most embarrassing song I’ll admit I work out to: “Baby” by Justin Bieber. It’s the best to jump rope too, I swear!
My motivation comes from: My family, friends, boyfriend, the FitFluential community and my followers! I really wouldn’t be where I am today without them.
My fave fit snack: Powercakes! I make a big one in the morning or the night before and then cut it up to snack on throughout the day!
Kasey was kind enough to share one of her blog’s namesake recipes. Keep reading for a dish that tastes like dessert (but you have her permission to eat it anytime!)
Chocolate Orange Coconut Flour Powercake With Strawberry Chia Jam
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon flax
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 egg whites
- Grated orange zest
- ½ cup milk of choice
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Vanilla, to taste
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- For chia jam, mix strawberries for two minutes; remove and pulse in a blender until smooth (using caution since the berries will be hot). Stir in chia seeds and refrigerate overnight.
- For protein frosting, mix vanilla protein powder with as much water as needed to reach your preferred consistency.
- Mix all Powercake ingredients together in a bowl, transfer to a pan and bake at 350° for 35 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Top Powercake with your desired amount of protein frosting and jam.
Do you have a favorite fit blogger you want us to highlight? Leave a comment below or email email@example.com