These appetizers come together quickly so you can socialize with guests! (Photo courtesy of Tribe Hummus)
With summer right around the corner, images of backyard barbecues, summer parties and relaxing by the pool come to mind. But you can't have a party without people, and those people need to be fed. We nabbed easy-to-prepare appetizers from Tribe hummus so you're spending more time with your guests and less in the kitchen (not to mention rockin' your bikini!). Minimize the fat, maximize the flavor and double the fun—triple win, if you ask us!
- 3 to 4 baby carrots
- 2 radishes, halved
- 1 small stalk of celery, sliced lengthwise and into quarters
- 1/3 bell pepper, sliced into small strips
- 1 tub of Tribe's Classic Hummus
In a small drinking glass, layer raw carrots, radishes, celery and bell peppers. Add a dollop of Tribe's Classic Hummus between layers.
- 1 Roma tomato
- 2 tablespoon Tribe's Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- Fresh herbs, to taste
Core tomato, leaving 1/4 inch at the bottom. In a small bowl, combine hummus, fresh herbs and diced celery. Fill tomatoes with mixture and enjoy!
Summer Heirloom Tomatoes with Hummus and Herbs
- 8 slices country or peasant bread
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 4 heirloom tomatoes
- 1 tub Tribe Roasted Vegetable Hummus
- 1/2 cup basil, torn
- 1/2 cup mixed herbs, roughly chopped (i.e.: parsley, tarragon, chives, chervil)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
Turn on the grill or broiler. Lay bread on a sheet pan and brush lightly with olive oil. Grill bread on both sides until crisp and golden. Rub each slice with garlic clove.
Slice tomatoes 1/4-inch thick. Spread slices with hummus and layer with basil onto bread. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining herbs. Serve immediately.
Now tell us: What do you like to munch on at summer parties?