Jocelyn grew up in Connecticut, where she was enthusiastic about sports all year round. But when she moved to the Big Apple after a four-year college stint in Oklahoma, she realized a new fitness goal was in order. So Enthusiastic Runner was born, where Jocelyn details her fitness adventures as she trains for her second marathon and first half-Ironman! We love catching up with her throughout the week, so get to know her here then pop over to her blog for more fun.
My favorite way to work out: Any workout that I can do outdoors! Whether it’s running, hiking, biking, skiing, tennis, softball or golf—I just love being outside.
5 things I can’t live without:
- My family and friends. I’m very lucky that I have amazing parents, a great sister/roommate (Hi Krista!) and friends who GET me.
- Running shoes. I always keep a pair at work in case I want to run home from work. [Editor's note: check out our 2012 sneaker guide to find your perfect fit!]
- My passport. I absolutely love to travel. Last year, I went to Singapore, the Philippines, Kenya, Tanzania, Turkey, Seattle, Oregon, Oklahoma, Austin, Montreal and Bermuda—all for fun!
- Country music. I can’t get enough! One of my favorite songs to run to is “No Reins” by Rascal Flatts.
- TV. As much as I love being outside, I’m addicted to watching the tube. I like to think they balance each other out.
On my fit life list: I have a few, actually. I want to qualify for the Boston Marathon (this might take a while), climb Mount Kilimanjaro, go to surf camp and bike across the United States.
My fave fit snack: Picky Bars. I was introduced to them last year and now I am addicted. They taste great, plus they’re gluten and dairy-free!
Most embarrassing song I’ll admit I work out to: “Faded” by soulDecision. It reminds me of high school dances (which were always fun)…and it’s really catchy!
Do you have a favorite fit blogger you want us to highlight? Leave a comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org