Written on October 24, 2011 at 11:17 am , by Jenna Autuori
I’m on my two-week countdown until my first EVER marathon—the ING New York City marathon on November 6th—and I’m seriously so pumped to hit the streets of Manhattan with 55,000 other runners (just saying that makes me smile!). When I got a little cross-training in at my favorite SoulCycle studio, the energy in the room pulsing from this awesome playlist by instructor Danny Kopel’s class was incredible—I knew I had to add it to my list of songs for marathon day. Sometimes I’d love to bottle up the energy from inside this spinning room and somehow upload it to my iPod, but since I can’t, I’ll rock out to the tunes from this awesome class instead.
- “Rehab,” Rihanna
- “Illusion,” Tinie Tempah
- “Fly (It’s The DJ Kue Remix!)-Dirty,” Nicki Minaj, featuring Rihanna and Metafisix
- “Toxic E.T.,” Britney Spears vs Katy Perry
- “Ni**as in Paris,” Kanye West & JAY Z
- “Till The World Ends,” Britney Spears
- “Broken-Hearted Girl (Alan Braxe Dub Remix),” Beyonce
- “Made in America,” Kanye West & JAY Z, featuring Frank Ocean
- “We Found Love,” Rihanna, featuring Calvin Harris
- “Turn Your Lights Down Low,” Bob Marley & Lauryn Hill
Now tell us: What songs are on your race day playlist?