Calling all Gleeks! Heather Morris (known to Glee fanatics as Brittany) gave FITNESS the behind-the-scenes scoop on your favorite show.
Heather's inspiration for playing Brittany: "She's like a little kid who says, 'I don't get it.' It's funnier to me to play Brittany as not super-stupid, but really innocent."
Why Heather thinks Glee is such a hit: "People love the music and the characters -- everyone can relate to someone on the show, because everyone's felt like an outsider at some point in their lives."
Biggest OMG moment on set: "The Britney/Brittany episode. It was surreal. I was like, 'Wow, I'm just hanging out with Britney Spears as Brittany the character. We're doing a scene. I'm singing her songs.' I was such a fan of hers! I was in a seventh grade talent show and I did her whole MTV Video Music Awards performance [from 2000] when she was in the sparkly skin-tone outfit. After the Britney/Brittany episode, she sent me flowers with a note that said, 'Good Job, Love Britney.' I'll never forget that!"
Biggest oops: "While doing the 'Singing in the Rain' number, we were in a tub of water and after about the eighteenth take it was just disgusting. Water mixed with sweat and makeup, and it was gross. I was doing a dance move, and when I kicked, a whole puddle went all over Matt Morrison. I felt so bad!"
Heather's favorite on-screen number: "MC Hammer's 'Can't Touch This' in the school library. There were a lot of sweet moves in that one."
Her biggest dance competition on the show: Harry Shum Jr (aka Mike Chang). "He's amazing!"
Her dream dance-off: Justin Timberlake. "Not because I think I'm a better dancer than him, just because I'd like to be in the same room dancing with him. I always wanted to go on tour with him."
Guest star worth begging for: Kristen Wiig. "I keep telling [show creator] Ryan Murphy that I'd die to work with her. Hopefully he'll see this and finally make it happen!"
Heather's Top 10 Favorite Brittany-isms
1. "Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?"
2. "When I pulled my hamstrings, I went to a misogynist."
3. I'm pretty sure my cat's been reading my diary."
4. "Sometimes I forget my middle name."
5. "This room looks like that one spaceship where I was probed."
6. "I don't brush my teeth, I rinse my mouth out with soda after I eat. I was pretty sure Dr. Pepper was a dentist."
7. "Kissing my armpit is a really big turn-on for me."
8. "I find recipes confusing."
9. "People thought I went on a vacation, but actually I spent the summer lost in the sewers."
10. "I know that the cricket that reads to me at night is totally stealing my jewelry."
--Reporting by Patty Adams Martinez
For more on Heather Morris, including her workout secrets and kick-butt confidence, pick up the October issue of FITNESS on newsstands Sept. 20